Today I get to work – feeling tired with a raging headache, feeling like i was going to puke (no i am not hung over – just dont feel well – even the smell of coffee made me nauseous and if you know me that is not a good sign). However today – Wednesday – was the day that a bunch of new people were to start and the office manager, whom shall be named J-Lew, was full of bubbly anxiety. One thing we always know is that J-Lew can pick us up out of the gutter and make a bad day good – and he pulled through for me today. YES HE DID!
J-Lew to the rescue. First, I walk in and he sits straight up at his desk with a very very very Cheerful – “GOOD MORNING!!” Then as he is parading around with his seating chart, checking and cleaning all the empty desks he starts in on the FABULOUS NYC FIREWORKS DISPLAY!!
Especially the CHERRY RED ones, HE LOVES THE CHERRY RED ONES!!
And HE LOVES, LOVES, LOVES, LOVES, LOVES FIREWORKS!!
Yes Folks – that was 5, count them 5 LOVES!!! He was Giddy as Hell and happy as a puppy with…oh i dont remember the rest of that saying but you get my drift…
So this uplifted my spirits a bit…enough to make me think about not hurling all over my desk…THEN he started to talk to us about the new people coming in today –
And See, the space right next to me – to my right – has been empty since the moment we got to this office. It is a coveted space, deemed the “SNACK CORNER.” J-Lew promised me from the beginning that he would keep that spot free for as long as he possibly could. Well, today one of the newbies was getting that spot. So I informed him of the screening process that we required. Had to be MALE, Good looking…and that is about it, I guess fun and a good personality too.
SO J-Lew was OFF ON A MISSION FROM GOD to satisfy ME!!
the events occurred something like this:
1) J-Lew brings out list of new people and reads them to us – a possible 6 out of 11 are men (maybe some names were questionable).
2) the newbies start to arrive
3) J-Lew starts to run back and forth from his office to my desk to inform me of the status of each one.
4) a few potentials arrive
5) J-Lew runs over to my desk to tell me that it is not looking good and they all seem a little skeevy
6) J-Lew runs back again to tell me that there is one sitting in the conference room and for me to check and see if he is ok and up to my standards.
7) I walk to kitchen to scope out guy – only to see him from the back and say ok – but Carolyn says not ok if he is a tall guy – so I went back to J-Lew and said NO not ok
8) J-Lew very flustered now and is thinking he may have to put a “chick” next to me because none of these guys are up to par.
9) J-Lew comes running back and another new guy is in his office “He seems nice, but he could be Gay” is what I am told- This time he wants me to walk by and pretend I am going to the bathroom and give a thumbs up if he is ok.
10) I get up walk by and think “man this is the last of my resources” and Give the Thumbs up – seemed nice enough – cute but….
11) I then find out that Tall guy that Carolyn and I vetoed was not the same tall guy – she saw ONE VERY SKETCHY looking dude and I saw a decent looking young guy. So we lost out on that one.
But new neighbor, seems nice enough, seems like he can chat with us and have some fun…we shall see….
WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS HOW THIS OFFICE OF OVER 50 SOME PEOPLE ….AND ONLY A SMALL HANDFUL OF DECENT LOOKING MEN…BUT EVERYTIME WE GET NEW PEOPLE, NEVER ANY HOT ONES – YOU WOULD THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE SOME HOT MALE ATTORNEYS OUT THERE! WHERE ARE THEY?????? if you are out there, please come work with us!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love J-Lew and I love that he loves me enough to be so concerned about my well-being and who was placed next to me!! I can’t even give the story justice in writing, i wish some how i could display all his running over to me and whispering and the stern, serious concerned look on his face……Carolyn and I were rolling….he was soooo dead serious about whether or not he could get a good-looking guy to sit next to me. Thank you for making my day a little bit better, J-Lew.